WHAT WE DO
The National AIDS Commission is mandated to:
- Implement, coordinate and facilitate the National Response.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of HIV and AIDS related Government policies.
- Provide technical support to Government in the formulation and review of HIV and AIDS policies.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date information system and establish suitable mechanisms of dissemination and utilization of information.
- In liaison with the Secretary responsible for HIV and AIDS, monitor and evaluate progress and impact of the National Response.
- Mobilize and equitably disburse resources towards the National Response.
- Monitor distribution and effective and efficient utilization of resources towards the National Response.
- Promote and commission research, information sharing and documentation.
- Liaise with all Government Departments, Ministries and Agencies on matters relating to the National Response and to ensure that there are no barriers to information.
- Advocate for a strong, sustained and visible role of political, civil and traditional leaders.
- Accredit information relating to HIV and AIDS produced by anyone before dissemination.Develop and maintain profiles.
- Provide technical guidance, capacity building and support to stakeholders.
- Submit reports to the Minister on the implementation of the National Response.