WORK WITH US
Program Officer, Modelling
The National AIDS Commission invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill a vacancy for position of Programme Officer - Modelling.
PROGRAMME OFFICER – MODELLER - 1 position)
Reporting to the Head of Planning, Research, the incumbent will be expected to coordinate and be the technical lead for epidemiological and cost modelling and related analytical needs of the HIV programme at national and sub national level in line with the National Strategic Plan and the M&E framework.
The holder will be expected to undertake the following broad roles and responsibilities:
1. Develop Annual National and sub national HIV Estimates.
2. Provide technical guidance and support of priority data collection and surveys in fulfilment of M&E Framework requirements; and develop Surveillance System Methodologies as appropriate.
3. Provide data analytical support to NAC and the Department of HIV and AIDS (MOH) in review and interpretation of all relevant studies and surveys.
4. Regularly analyze data from various data sets, studies and surveys and develop reports to inform decision making and planning at various levels.
5. Strengthen capacity within NAC, MOH and at district level to conduct and utilise data modelling for the HIV programme;;
6. Provide costed plans, and associated funding proposals, on priority data modelling needs to facilitate resource mobilisation.
7. Actively participate in reviews of the national response.
The Ideal candidate must have:
1. Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Epidemiology; mathematical/statistical modelling, Econometrics, biostatistics, medical statistics or any other closely related fields
2. Formal training in one or more of the common computing analytical tools such as SAS, STATA and R.
3. Experience of at least five (5) years in statistical modeling, using common computing analytical tools such as SAS, STATA and R; and writing the related technical analytical reports to support decision making. Specific experience in modelling HIV and Health related data and writing the related technical reports is required.
4. Detailed understanding of HIV Epidemiology, strategy and policy in Malawi
5. Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross-cultural contexts.
6. Ability to coordinate multi-sectoral engagements.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS FOR THE POSITION OF PROGRAMME OFFICER (MODELLER)
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate, who will be engaged on a two-year fixed contract.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons should submit their signed applications under confidential cover, either by post or e-mail, enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, with names and contact details of three traceable referees to:
The Acting Chief Executive Officer,
National AIDS Commission,
P.O. Box 30622,
The closing date for all applications is 28th May, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.Posted By: John Chihana