WORK WITH US
The National AIDS Commission (NAC) is a corporate body established in 2001 and reconstituted through the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) Act No. 9 of 2018 with new functional roles. The Act mandates NAC to coordinate and provide leadership for the implementation of the National response to HIV and AIDS.
In order to meet the new requirements and its mandate effectively and efficiently, excellent and rare opportunities have arisen to engage qualified persons of Malawian origin to fill various positions at NAC tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
NAC, therefore, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following position:
Position : Accountant (Permanent)
Grade : N4
Reporting to : Head of Finance
Responsible for : Assistant Accountant
Duties and responsibilities
Among others the Accountant shall perform and be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
1) Ensure that the finance section is effective and efficient in making payments to suppliers/service providers and producing expenditure returns on time;
2) Monitoring and controlling expenditure to ensure that appropriate action is taken by management to curtail any foreseeable negative impact on the Commission’s operations;
3) Processing payments according to the established approval procedures, ensuring that payment requisitions are properly supported and authorised, and that statutory and all other payments as required are made on a timely basis;
4) Ensuring that effective internal financial controls are implemented in liaison with all stakeholders;
5) Ensuring that all payments are duly sanctioned and have supporting documentation;
6) Monitoring Commission’s daily bank balances;
7) Ensuring that suppliers are paid timely;
8) Participating in the preparation of annual budgets in conjunction with department heads for approval by the relevant authority;
9) Maintaining books of accounts effectively to fulfil the requirements for management decision making, reporting and eternal audit. Advise divisions on financial management standards and procedures to ensure effective control of the Commission’s financial resources;
10) Processing payments according to the established approval procedures, ensuring that payment requisitions are properly supported and authorized, and ensures that statutory and all other payments are paid as required on a timely basis;
11) Preparing financial statements and producing year end accounts;
12) Providing information and assistance to internal or external auditors;
13) Supervising Assistant Accountants to ensure that the Commission provides an acceptable level of financial administration and management services; and
14) Participating in recruitment, induction, performance appraisal, career management and other personnel administration for staff under charge in close liaison with Human Resource Management Officer.
Education Qualifications and Experience
1) Bachelor of Accountancy or Finance, with at least four (4) years’ postgraduate experience in a busy accounts office or
2) Professional Qualification such as –ACCA, CIMA or CA, with at least two (2) years’ postgraduate experience in a busy accounts office.
In addition, the potential candidate should have:
a. Good knowledge in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
b. Experience in using the Sage ERP 300.
c. Experience in managing public and donor funds will be an added advantage
· Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams;
· Should have knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
· Have a thorough exposure and knowledgeable to developing and managing databases;
· Be Proactive and a team player;
· Be able to work under pressure;
· Have strong analytical skills; and
· Has strong excel and power point presentation skills.
The successful candidate shall be offered an attractive package commensurate with the position, experience and qualification.
Method of Application
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualification and experience should submit their application with up to date detailed CV indicating names of three traceable referees, and attach copies of academic and professional certificates. Applications should be received not letter than 9th April 2021 to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Commission
P. O. Box 30622
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.Posted By: Karen Msiska