WORK WITH US
Head of ICT
The National AIDS Commission (NAC) is a corporate body established in 2001 and reconstituted through the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) Act No. 9 of 2018 with new functional roles. The Act mandates NAC to coordinate and provide leadership for the implementation of the National response to HIV and AIDS.
In order to meet the new requirements and its mandate effectively and efficiently, excellent and rare opportunities have arisen to engage qualified persons of Malawian origin to fill various positions at NAC tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
NAC, therefore, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following position:
Position : Head of ICT
Grade : N3
Reporting to : Director of Finance and Administration
Responsible for : ICT Officer
Among others The Head of ICT shall perform and be responsible for the following functions:
1. Leading the delivery of high quality ICT services across NAC in order to provide optimal levels of support for the organization’s key operational requirements;
2. Developing, implementing, reviewing, evaluating and reporting on the organization’s ICT strategic, business and operating plans and associated projects, ensuring alignment with the strategic direction of NAC.
3. Developing, formulating, implementing and monitoring of ICT policies, procedures, strategies, standards and ensuring compliance thereof with all other relevant policies and procedures relating to crisis management, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the appropriate authority;
4. Identifying and defining specific ICT business requirements in collaboration with management and clients across NAC and key third party stakeholders to develop tailored ICT solutions where necessary as well as advising the Commission on emerging technologies with a view to align the business with current trends;
5. Maintaining and configuring all ICT infrastructure including hardware, software and systems in accordance with the local and international standards, policies and procedures;
6. Conducting quality assurance performance monitoring and preventive maintenance of ICT infrastructure and information systems to minimize occurrence of hardware and software problems;
7. Driving the implementation and delivery of new systems, technologies and services to deliver innovative and flexible solutions that achieve business requirements;
8. Ensuring that Commission’s website and e-mail accounts are timely and effectively updated and managed;
9. Assessing and reporting on the impact of changes in the operating environment ensuring a high level of integration with NAC strategic directions and key relationships;
10. Providing ICT strategic advice to influence decisions regarding ICT initiatives;
11. Identifying IT training needs, recommend training options and conduct on the job training in liaison with the Head of Administration and Human Resources;
12. Ensuring procurement of appropriate equipment and software, management of ICT projects and vendors in liaison with Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee;
13. Serving as custodian of all ICT equipment and data for the Commission;
14. Driving ongoing analysis and review of ICT service delivery to identify opportunities and threats to improve and enhance the services for the organization; and
15. Consolidating and submitting reports on ICT operations.
Education Qualifications and Experience
A Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Information technology or its equivalent; Bachelors in Computer Science or any related field, and Industry Certification such as Cisco or MCSE. With at least 5 years post qualification in a busy IT office. Those with experience in the health sector will have added advantage.
· Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams;
· Should have a solid grounding in ICT project management and ability to trouble shoot IT related problems
· Have thorough exposure and be knowledgeable to developing and managing databases;
· Be Proactive and a team player;
· Be able to work under pressure;
· Have strong analytical skills; and
Have some budget and financial skills
The successful candidate shall be offered an attractive package commensurate with the position, experience and qualification.
Method of Application
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualification and experience should submit their application with up to date detailed CV indicating names of three traceable referees, and attach copies of academic and professional certificates. Applications should be received not letter than 9th April 2021 to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Commission
P. O. Box 30622
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.Posted By: Karen Msiska